SOCAP Australia Privacy Statement
SOCAP Australia is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information which it holds about you.
The Personal Information which you provide us with in your application/registration form will be used by SOCAP Australia to:
If you do not provide us with this personal information, we may not be able to process your application/registration.
SOCAP Australia may disclose the personal information which you provide us with in this form to external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions, such as printers and mailing houses, but only for the purposes of providing membership services.
If we collect your details it is to keep you informed about marketing content including news about training, legislation, events and current topics.
Your details are securely stored by our database service provider, Membes Association Software and are only made available to members of the SOCAP Australia however, your email address will not be made available to anyone without your express permission. You are welcome to update your email preferences under your account settings online or contact us at any time to access and update your personal information or to 'opt-out' of receiving further communications from us.
The information we collect
SOCAP Australia operates the following website: www.socap.org.au
As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
Personally Identifiable Information: this is provided by you (or someone authorised by you or your organisation) when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
You can manage your email preferences by logging into your dashboard.
Aggregated Data: this information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
What else we do with personally identifiable information
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from.
1. Track traffic patterns to our site
2. Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
3. Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit
What about third-party cookies?
Third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads on the internet based on someone's past visits to our website. Personally identifiable information is not stored by us or any third-parties.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our services.
Can we change this policy?
If you have a complaint about how SOCAP Australia has collected, stored or used your personal information, please contact the SOCAP Australia head office. We will endeavor to respond within five business days.
If your complaint is unable to be resolved within five business days, SOCAP Australia will advise you in writing including letting you know when we expect to provide our response.
Please contact SOCAP Australia if you have any queries about the personal information that SOCAP Australia holds about you or the way we use or disclose that personal information. Our contact details are set out below.
Social Media Public Terms of Usage
1. You may not tamper with any of the Content on this site/s by destroying, changing, or modifying any information available on the Site/s, whether posted by SOCAP or a third party.
2. You may not use the Content or access any information obtained through the Site for commercial purposes.
3. You may not provide or post any false or misleading information about yourself, delete or change any information posted by another person, or share your User’s password with any third party.
4. You may not post any copyrighted material without written permission from the copyright owner.
5. You may not post any information you do not have the right to disclose, such as confidential information subject to employment non-disclosure agreements.
6. You may not post any content that violates any intellectual property rights of a third party, including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, and patents.
7. You may not post any information that is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable.
8. You may not to use the Site/s for any illegal purpose, such as conspiring to violate any law.
9. You may not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any pages on the Site/s
520 Oxford Street
02 9167 8119