Cristina Blumberg of the ACCC is awarded the John Wood Scholarship for 2019, by SOCAP Chief Executive Fiona Brown at the SOCAP Industry Excellence Awards, August 2019
NOMINATIONS OPEN NOW.
NOMINATE BEFORE 30 JUNE 2020
How has winning the SOCAP John Wood Scholarship for 2019 changed the life of Aishar Hannington. In so many ways. See her journey here.
The SOCAP John Wood scholarship is a 12-month program open to all Australian and New Zealand residents, with less than 24 months employment in the consumer affairs industry, or who are studying in this field with the aim of entering the profession.
The scholarship aims to encourage growth in consumer affairs practitioners and awareness of the value of the roles within this professional services field, through quality professional development training, certification of skills through the SOCAP Complaints Professional Certification Scheme and mentoring by consumer affairs and complaints and customer care industry leaders in Australia and New Zealand.
To provide continuing professional development for the recipient, the scholarship includes SOCAP membership, industry mentoring and professional training through to Complaints Professional Certification, as well as attendance at relevant SOCAP events.
SOCAP Australia Membership – 12-month SOCAP Australia Individual Membership with additional benefits including:
• Consumer Directions Magazine
• Member access to SOCAP website
• Invitation to Member-only Communities of Practice
• Invitation to Member-only Working Parties
• Invitation to Complaint and Customer Insights Forum
SOCAP Complaints Professional Certification Scheme Application and Certification (pending successful assessment) including:
• SOCAP Complaints Professional Certification Scheme application fee
• Scheme compulsory units including: Customer Service and Complaint Management 101, Ethics for Complaint Handling, Supervisor’s Reference(if unable to be attained by Employer), SOCAP Professional Development programs as required to attain CPD points to reach initial 100 point criteria
SOCAP Symposium Attendance – in the year of the awarded scholarship only
• Scholar will be presented during the 2020 Symposium Snack Size series from July 2020. All nominations must be submitted by 30 June 2020.
Industry Leaders Mentoring including includes four tailored mentoring sessions with one SOCAP Board member.